Associate Professor of Psychology
Director of University Core, Metropolitan Campus
- General Psychology
- Experimental Psychology
- Cognitive Processes
- Learning, Cognition, and Emotion
- Biological Basis of Behavior
I examine how life experiences influence the ways children, adults, and families perceive and interact with each other and their environment, especially in response to trauma. I examine the following:
1) higher-order cognition and ‘ego-depletion’ (specifically executive functions)
2) mental health stigma for veterans and the public
3) cognitive complaints, trauma, and life outcomes.
- BA, Valparaiso University
- MA, University of Kentucky
- PhD, University of Kentucky
I have represented FDU at the United Nations since 2013 and have served as the co-chair of the NGO Committee on the Family-New York since 2017. I often take groups of students to the United Nations for International Days and Commissions.
Important Note: Faculty profiles may include links to one or more non-FDU websites, including websites self-maintained by faculty to provide additional information about their publications, scholarly pursuits, and other information of interest. If you click on these links, you will be leaving the FDU-maintained website and will be directed to a site that is not under the control of FDU. FDU is not responsible for the content or accessibility of linked non-FDU websites. If, however, you experience a problem with the content or accessibility of a linked website, please contact us using the information on our Accessibility page.