Professor of Psychology, School of Psychology and Counseling
- Social Psychology
- Industrial Psychology
- Group Dynamics & Team Leadership
- Personnel Selection
- Internship in IO Psychology
- Behavioral Consulting
- Organizational effectiveness
- Effects of multitasking in the workplace
- Factors affecting constant employee accessibility while working remotely
- Women’s career development
- Gender pay equity issues
- BA, Wake Forest University
- MA, Wayne State University
- PhD, Wayne State University
I am an industrial/organizational (I/O) psychologist with a wide variety of interests in the field. I/O psychology is concerned with human behavior in the workplace. It is an applied area of psychology where we take what we know about how people think and behave and apply it to workplace issues. These issues include evidence-based ways to select the right people for the right job, helping employees cope with organizational shifts and changes, and helping employees learn and develop in their jobs.
I teach at both the graduate and undergraduate level and believe everyone should take at least one psychology course. Psychology can open new worlds and awareness.
It has been my pleasure to work with a number of our honors students and help them explore new areas and learn about research by doing it. Our honors program offers students a world of opportunities that will help them throughout their lives.