Professor of Sociology, Department of Social Sciences & History
- Introduction of Sociology
- Sociological Theory
- Sociology of Religion
- AI, Technology and Social Change
- Social Movements, Revolutions, and Social Change
- Schools and Society
- Conflicts in Sociological and Cultural Perspective
- Nationalism and Schooling
- Nationalism and Ethnic Identity
- Postcolonial Theory
- Gender and Schooling
- Religion and Collective Identity
- Nationalism Citizenship and Political Socialization
- PhD, University of Maryland at College Park, Sociology
Awards: Distinguished Faculty Award for Scholarship and Research (2018)
- Nasser, R., and A. Nasser (2019). Caged Bodies and Women’s Citizenship in (Post) Colonial Jordan: An Analysis of Civic Studies Textbooks, Asian Journal of Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies, Vol 13, issue 3: 407-427.
- Nasser, R. (2019). Cosmopolitanism, National Identity and History Education: Jordan, Israel, and Palestine. In History Education and (Post-)Colonialism: International Case Studies, Suzanne Popp, Susanne, Gorbahn, Katja, and Grindel, Susanne (eds.). New York, Frankfurt/M.: Peter Lang Publishing, 151-177
- Nasser, R. (2018). Identity beyond borders: national identity and the postcolonial alternative, Social Semiotics: Vol. 28 (2): 1-27.
- Nasser, R. 2013. Ethos and Logos in Israeli Citizenship: Discourse Analysis of Civic Studies Textbooks. British Journal of Middle East Studies, 40.3, p. 51-72.
- Nasser, R. 2012. Palestinian Identity in Jordan and Israel: The Necessary “Other” in the Making of a Nation. New York and London: Routledge. Paperback, Reprint Edition.
- Nasser, R. 2011. Recovered Histories and Contested Identities: Jordan, Israel, and Palestine. Lexington Books, a Division of Roman and Littlefield Publications.
- Nasser, R. 2008. An unconvincing argument for cultural determinism. A Review of Islamic Imperialism: A History, by Efraim Karsh. Exploring Globalization: An Online Scholarly Journal, February.
- Nasser, R. and Nasser, I. 2008. Textbooks as a Vehicle for Segregation and Domination: State Efforts to Shape Palestinian Israeli Identities as Citizens. Journal of Curriculum Studies, Vol. 40, no. 5, 627-650.
- Nasser, R. 2005. Palestinian Identity in Jordan and Israel: The Necessary “Other” in the Making of a Nation. New York and London: Routledge.
- Nasser. R. 2004. Exclusion and the Making of Jordanian National Identity: An Analysis of School Textbooks. Nationalism and Ethnic Politics, Vol. 10, pp.221-249.
Important Note: Faculty profiles may include links to one or more non-FDU websites, including websites self-maintained by faculty to provide additional information about their publications, scholarly pursuits, and other information of interest. If you click on these links, you will be leaving the FDU-maintained website and will be directed to a site that is not under the control of FDU. FDU is not responsible for the content or accessibility of linked non-FDU websites. If, however, you experience a problem with the content or accessibility of a linked website, please contact us using the information on our Accessibility page.