Undergraduate Certificate/Minor: Esports
The objective of this certificate/minor is to expose interested candidates to the growing sector of esports and competitive gaming and provide career pathways to the industry.
- Identify career paths and the business models within esports.
- Identify and analyze ethic, legal, and HR issues in esports.
- Understand how to plan esports events while satisfying stakeholders.
- Understand the basics in game design.
Required Courses (15 credits)
- SPAD2007 Introduction to ESports
- ANIM1650 Game Design
- SPAD2088 ESports Live Events/Operations
- SPAD2019 Sports Marketing
- SPAD3015 Introduction to Sports Analytics
NOTE: An internship in ESports (SPAD2018) can be a substitute for any of the courses above.
The standard rates for undergraduate courses.