Post Master’s Certificate
The Postmasters Certificate Program allows nurses who have a Master’s degree in nursing from an NLN/CCNE accredited program to pursue further post graduate study in APRN (Advanced Practice Nursing) in Adult Gerontology, family, family psychiatric/mental health, forensic and non-clinical areas in Education and Nursing Information Systems.
- Master’s degree in Nursing from an NLN/CCNE accredited program
- GPA of 3.0
- Current New Jersey RN license or eligibility for RN licensure in NJ
Post Master’s Certificate Programs
Individuals holding an MSN degree may earn a Post-Master’s Certificate in the following:
- Adult Gerontology Nurse Practitioner (24 Credits)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (24 Credits)
- Family Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (24 Credits)
- Nursing Education (24 Credits)
- Nursing Information Systems (24 Credits)
Upon completion of the Adult Gerontology NP, Family NP and Family Psychiatric/Mental Health NP programs, the graduate is eligible for the Advanced Practice Nurse Certification Examination.
Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
- For the organizational leadership (indirect) track, a Master’s degree in nursing from a CCNE or NLN accredited program and current licensure as an RN.
- For the clinical leadership (direct) track, a Master’s degree in nursing with Advanced Practice specialty from a CCNE/NLN accredited program, current licensure as an RN and Advanced Practice Nurse and relevant experience in Advanced Practice.
- GPA of 3.50.
- Interview and completion of a writing sample.
- Three letters of recommendations attesting to the applicant’s ability and potential for doctoral study
Bridge to the DNP
The Henry P. Becton School of Nursing and Allied Health offers a bridge program to the DNP for nurses who have a Master’s degree in field other than nursing who would like to pursue the DNP degree.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a CCNE/NLN accredited program; current licensure as a registered nurse; Master’s degree in a field other than nursing.
The bridge program consists of 3 courses (9 credits)
- NURS 6600: Intro to Advanced Nursing, Philosophies, Theories, Roles and Issues—3 credits
- NURS 7701: Advanced Research and Evidence-Based Practice—3 credits
- NURS 7771: Contemporary Issues in Nursing—3 credits
Upon successful completion of the above courses the student is automatically admitted to the indirect track of the DNP Program
“The (baccalaureate degree program in nursing/master’s degree program in nursing/Doctor of Nursing Practice program and/or post-graduate APRN certificate program) at Fairleigh Dickinson University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).”