Social Media Editorial Guidelines
The University’s FDU What’s New social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, TikTok) serve a wide-ranging community that primarily includes both New Jersey campuses and Wroxton College. To submit content relating to FDU’s Vancouver Campus, please send a message to @fduvancouver on Instagram or to Fairleigh Dickinson University Vancouver Campus on Facebook.
We serve a large community.
- Submitted content should be of interest to all FDU communities.
- We do not post club / organization-specific promotions, those should be directed to @fduflorhamcampuslife for the Florham Campus and @fdustudentunion for the Metropolitan Campus.
- Event promotion requests will be decided on a case-by-case basis depending on reach to the wider community and the robustness of the event. Be sure to submit your request at least three weeks before your event for possible consideration.
We keep it FDU-centric!
- The purpose of the FDU What’s New social media channels is to inform, engage and unite the Fairleigh Dickinson University community. All content must relate back to FDU.
We receive a lot of requests!
- We have a very full social media calendar and must prioritize University news, which unfortunately may prevent us from fulfilling your request, especially if it is time-sensitive.
- We will carefully consider all requests, but all fulfillments will be gauged on the state of our social media calendar at that time.
- Non-time-sensitive requests may be considered for post at a later date.
- We do not promote the creation of new social media channels, but will happy to tag your new channel if the content you provide aligns with our editorial standards and social media calendar.
We don’t post fliers.
- Digital fliers are not compliant with American Disability Act (ADA), and therefore we make it a practice of not posting them. We will consider graphics and infographics with small amounts of text, if they can be easily read on a smartphone, use an ADA compliant color scheme and the text can be easily transferred to alt text.
Must be appropriate.
- We will not post any content that is racist, sexist or sexual, abusive, violent, threatening, includes profanity, or advocates illegal activity. We also do not permit selling products or promoting commercial, political or other ventures unrelated to FDU.
Tips for getting featured:
- FDU branding is prevalent in your post! Meaning, FDU clothes, swag, or recognizable parts of campus are visible.
- Provide robust content that relates to the wider FDU community. Content will be more likely to get posted if it relates to the entire campus student-body, both NJ campuses, or FDU alumni etc.
- Submit high-resolution photos / videos. We do not post low-quality, blurry or out-of-focus photos and videos.
- We love to feature our community members giving back through volunteer work, charitable events and other types of philanthropic work. Are you or is your organization giving back and making a difference? Share your story with us!
Ready to pitch us?
Fill out this form.