Advanced Level Nursing Tuition and Fees
Fees are estimates and subject to change. Please notify faculty if student cost of any item is found to be more than 20% above estimated cost, to confirm the accuracy of the purchase.
Tuition Fees, Technology Fee, University Wellness Education Fee, Matriculation Maintenance Fee, Auditing Fee, Application Fee, Health Insurance, Graduation Fees
- Please see FDU Tuition and Fees website for these current tuition and fee rates.
- This is a medical document manager used to collect and store all clinical compliance documentation.
- The fee is paid directly to Castlebranch.
- New students
- One-time setup compliance tracker ($45)
- Initial background check NJ ($70)
- Urine Drug test ($55)
- Returning students
- Re-check background check NJ ($55)
- Urine drug test ($50-$100)
Malpractice Insurance with Student Nurse Practitioner Rider
- Required upon enrollment to NURS 6620/6621.
- Rates vary depending on your carrier – pay your malpractice insurance carrier/insurance company directly.
- A copy of student malpractice insurance certificate to be uploaded to myCB.
Shadow Health’s Digital Clinical Experiences
- Application for students to demonstrate and perfect their clinical reasoning skills through lifelike interactions with Digital Standardized Patients provided by Shadow Health from Elsevier.
- Fee paid directly to Shadow Health.
- Course instructor will communicate payment and set up instructions prior to the due date.
- This is a data entry system used by graduate students to track and document their clinical/practice hours and clinical logs.
- Fee paid directly to Typhon Group – students will receive an email with information on how to register/pay prior to the due date.
- One of two systems are used, depending on your track:
- NPST Student Tracking System (APN clinical tracks) ($100 one-time fee)
- NSST Student Tracking System (Non-clinical tracks and DNP track) ($70 one-time fee)
Clinical Practice Resources (All APN students)
- Provides training in invasive exam clinical skills utilizing Gynecologic Teaching Associates and Male Urogenital Teaching Associates.
- One-time fee paid to Associates at the time of the training session ($200).
Course-specific Textbooks and other Course Resources/Supplies
- Textbooks and other resources are recommended/required in most courses.
- Cost varies depending if student purchases directly from a publisher, from University Bookstore, or through a used book program, or if e-books are used (typically $1,000).
- Access FDU Libraries (free to students) for additional resources.
- Healthcare educational and point-of-care resources that are required throughout APN program tracks are provided by StatPearls.
- The fee is paid directly to StatPearls ($90).
Controlled Substance Education Course
- Required continuing education course for all DEA-Registered prescribers.
- Cost varies depending on continuing education provider ($125).
- Fees are paid directly to continuing education provider.
National Certification Review Course and Practice Test
- This is a comprehensive multimedia package designed to prepare students for the national specialty certification exam.
- Fees are paid directly to Barkley & Associates and vary by specialty:
- FNP -$450
- AGPCNP -$400
- PMHNP -$450
- Purchased during student registration for NURS 6651
- Program/Track Directors will communicate payment and set up instructions prior to the due date.
- See options at FDU Nursing Pins