Personal Property Insurance

Students who live on campus assume the liability for damage to any personal items. The University is not liable for the replacement or repair of personal items that are damaged while the student resides on campus. We encourage every student to have insurance coverage for personal property while they live on campus. Often the parent’s homeowners or renters insurance will cover a student’s belongings while at college. However, individual insurance policies may differ. Please check the coverage on your family’s policy.

Renters and similar insurance products are available from most insurance companies. National Student Service, Inc., is a company offering insurance coverage for personal items and specializes in student coverage while away at college. Please note that this company is not formally endorsed by the University. The University does not receive any benefit if a student chooses to use this company. This company is simply one example of a provider. Find more information here.

“The Terms & Conditions of the Housing & Meal Plan Contract that all residential students must accept and agree to during the housing application process, include the above limitations of liability as well.”