Florham Campus Orientation
This is an exciting time to become a member of the Fairleigh Dickinson University Florham Campus community. We look forward to welcoming you to one of your orientation sessions this summer.
Orientation will allow each participant to experience what it means to be a Florham Campus student, both in and out of the classroom. Answers to common new student questions will be presented throughout the sessions. This experience will help each student better understand how to be able to succeed academically and socially during their time at Fairleigh Dickinson University’s Florham Campus.
Please register for a New Student Orientation Module when you receive the link. Completion of a New Student Orientation Module is required for students to be able to view their academic course schedules. Once you are registered you will receive a confirmation and a reminder to keep the date reserved on your calendar.
Summer 2022 orientation dates
- Monday, June 27 (in-person) for Becton, Psychology, Silberman, FIS, and Nursing
- Wednesday, June 29 (in-person) for Becton, Psychology, Silberman, and FIS
- Monday, July 18 (in-person) for Becton, Psychology, Silberman, and Nursing
- Wednesday, July 20 (in-person) for Becton, Psychology, Silberman, Nursing, Hospitality/Tourism, Sports Management, and Transfers
- Monday, July 25 (in-person) Becton, Psychology, FIS, Hospitality/Tourism, Sports Management
- Tuesday, August 23 (virtual) for all students
Transfer, veterans, and non-traditional students are welcome at any and all sessions.
Students can expect to learn:
- What it means to be a college student
- Information on university and academic resources
- University policy and procedures
- University systems (WebCampus, WebAdvisor, and WebMail)
- The FDU and Florham Campus culture
- Getting involved on campus
The orientations will include:
- meeting classmates
- interacting with current students
- interacting with faculty
- interacting with staff
Should you have any questions, comments, or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the Dean of Students office at FlorhamDOSOffice@fdu.edu.
- Arts and Sciences, 973-443-8753
- Freshman Intensive Studies (FIS), 973-443-8715
- Health Studies, 973-443-8237
- Nursing, 973-443-8237
- Business, 973-443-8800
- Hotel and Restaurant Management, 973-443-8271
- Sports Administration, 973-443-8971
- Resident students are strongly encouraged to contact Enrollment Services, 973-443-8600, several days prior to check-in to verify your clearance status.
- Also, please ensure all medical clearances are completed with Student Health Services at 973-443-8535 before arriving on campus.
- Placement Questions 973-443-8538
Step 1: Register!
Use our online registration form to let us know which orientation date you would prefer to attend. The earlier you register for orientation, the more likely you will receive your first choice. When providing us with your preference, please rate ALL the orientation sessions that would work for you and your family. Space at orientation sessions can be limited.
Step 2: Schedule Planning Guides
After you register for the new student orientation, be sure to complete a Schedule Planning Guide. The course scheduling guide is likely the most important form you will fill out before orientation. We use this form to create your personalized fall course schedule. Carefully read the directions and fill out the form in its entirety. If you have any questions while filling out the guide, please contact your college’s advising office. Check your FDU email for more details about the Schedule Planning Guide.
Step 3: Welcome to the Florham Campus
We look forward to meeting you online this summer.