About the NJT Discount
Get On Board With a 25% Discount For the NJ TRANSIT Mobile Student Monthly Pass
Full-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to receive a rail, bus, or light rail mobile student monthly pass at 25% off of the regular monthly pass price, when they enroll online through NJ TRANSIT’s Mobile Student Program
New to Mobile Student Program?
Getting started is easy.
- Visit the FDU NJ TRANSIT Validation Portal to enroll.
- Fill in all required fields on the registration form
- Verify your full-time status on the registration form
- Download the NJ TRANSIT App and buy your Mobile Student Monthly Pass
After you sign up, the discounted student pass can be purchased directly from the NJ TRANSIT mobile app. Passes may be purchased from the 19th of the preceding month through the 10th of the month that the pass is valid.
Existing Mobile Student Monthly Users
If you are a existing Mobile Student Monthly customer, you need to reactivate your account at the start of each semester. Here’s how:
- Visit the FDU NJ TRANSIT Validation Portal to reactivate your account.
- Login to NJ TRANSIT with your student (.edu) email and the password
- Verify your full-time status and student email address
- Buy your Mobile Student Monthly Pass
Why Mobile Student Monthly Passes?
Mobile passes offer the convenience of purchasing and displaying your student monthly pass on your mobile device. No need to pre-pay or wait for a paper ticket in the mail. Buy at your leisure.
It’s important to remember:
- Download the NJ TRANSIT app
- Open the app and tap BUY
- Sign in with your student (.edu) email and password
- Select a Student Monthly pass and pay for it in the app
- Monthly passes are available for purchase from the 19th of the previous month through the 10th of the month the pass is valid
- On the 1st of the month your student pass will display in the app
Students who participate in this program agree that the monthly pass is for their exclusive use only. Each student is eligible to receive one discounted monthly pass per month. Passes are non-transferable. Any abuse or purposeful deception will result in the cancellation of the student’s monthly pass account, and (s)he will be unable to participate in the program in the future. This will also apply to any other student who is knowingly involved.
*For more information on the NJ TRANSIT Mobile App click here.
*For more information on NJ TRANSIT Student Savings Program click here.