About the NJT Discount
Get On Board With a 25% Discount On NJ Transit Monthly Passes
Full-time undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to receive a rail, bus, or light rail monthly pass at 25% off of the regular monthly pass price, when they enroll online through NJ TRANSIT’s Quik-Tik program. Quik-Tik offers the convenience of auto-pay combined with online account management. You receive your student monthly pass directly through the mail and your credit card is automatically billed, including a $3 monthly charge for use of the online system.
After your account is activated or reactivated, you will receive monthly passes each month, automatically, until the next May. You must enter Quik-Tik from the FDU NJ Transit Validation page to activate or reactivate your account; for all other Quik-Tik account management, you can go directly to NJ TRANSIT Quik-Tik. If you have any questions regarding activating or reactivating your account, please contact NJ Transit at 1-866-Quik-Tik.
Current Quik-Tik Users
If you are already a Student Quik-Tik customer, all you need to do is re-activate your account. Here’s how:
- Validate at the FDU NJ Transit Validation page.
- Your validation code will be emailed to you and you will be able to confirm at the NJ Transit Validation page. You will be taken to NJ TRANSIT’s Quik-Tik site.
- At the “Account Summary” page, scroll to the bottom to see your status information.
- Click on “Change Status.”
- Click on “Reactivate previously suspended monthly pass mailing” and click on the submit button.
New Quik-Tik Users
Getting started is easy. To initially sign up, you must validate at the FDU NJ Transit Validation page. Your validation code will be emailed to you and you will be able to confirm, again at the same FDU NJ Transit Validation page. You will be connected securely to the NJ Transit website. When you sign up there, the price of the monthly pass you order will automatically reflect the 25 percent student discount. During your enrollment, you will create a “Quik-Tik user name and password,” so you can view or manage your account directly from the NJ TRANSIT Quik-Tik login without entering from the FDU site.
Students who participate in this program agree that the monthly pass is for their exclusive use only. Each student is eligible to receive one discounted monthly pass per month. Passes are non-transferable. A discounted monthly pass should be purchased for travel to and from school ONLY. Any abuse or purposeful deception when purchasing the pass will result in the cancellation of the student’s monthly pass account, and (s)he will be unable to participate in the program in the future. This will also apply to any other student who is knowingly involved.
Internship Policy: Student interns may purchase a student monthly pass as long as the internship is through the school as part of a program to obtain a degree, it is an unpaid internship, and the school is in NJ, NY or PA. The school must write a letter on school letterhead stating that the internship is a required part of the school program to obtain the student’s degree.
- You must have and use an FDU student webmail account (ending in @student.fdu.edu).
- You must sign up by the 10th of the month to receive your monthly pass for the travel in the next month. (For instance, you must provide your credit card information on or before the 10th of February to receive the pass for March.)
- After you enroll for Quik-Tik, you will receive a new monthly pass in the mail each and every month until the next May, and your credit card will be billed, unless you choose to suspend your account. You do not need to use the FDU validation process to suspend your account.
- If you choose to suspend your monthly pass (for instance if you suspend the account in December to avoid being billed for a January pass), you will need to reactivate your account once again at the FDU NJ Transit Validation page to verify your student status.
- You can always use NJ Transit Quik-Tik without FDU validation, and without discount, if you are not in full-time student status (e.g. new graduates, part-time students, faculty, staff).