Professor of Chemistry, Chair, Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Physics
- Organic Chemistry I and II Lecture
- Lecture Organic Chemistry I and II Lab
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Photo-initiated free radical and cationic polymerizations
- New monomers and polymer applications
- Coatings to resist macro and micro biofouling
- Oleophilic cryogel preparation, cross-linking, characterization, and uses.
- Ink-receptive coatings
- PhD, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- MS, Seton Hall University
- BS, Montclair State University
Dr. Dougherty is a Professor of Chemistry and Chair of the Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Physics. He is also the Coordinator for FDU’s Master of Science in Cosmetic Science. He is a past recipient of FDU’s Distinguished Faculty Award for Teaching, was nominated for the US Professors of the Year Award, and twice nominated for Faculty Member of the Year by the SGA.
Prior to joining FDU, Dr. Dougherty worked as a Research Scientist with a Fortune 500 specialty chemical company. He has 38 issued US Patents, many of which have international equivalents, 25 research papers and posters, and 13 presentations at symposia throughout the US, Europe and Asia. Professional Memberships include the American Chemical Society.
Important Note: Faculty profiles may include links to one or more non-FDU websites, including websites self-maintained by faculty to provide additional information about their publications, scholarly pursuits, and other information of interest. If you click on these links, you will be leaving the FDU-maintained website and will be directed to a site that is not under the control of FDU. FDU is not responsible for the content or accessibility of linked non-FDU websites. If, however, you experience a problem with the content or accessibility of a linked website, please contact us using the information on our Accessibility page.