Professor of Accounting, department of Accounting, Taxation, and Law,Silberman College of Business
- Federal Income Tax I (TAX 6605)
- Federal Income Tax II (TAX 6606)
- Advanced Federal Tax I (TAX 6621)
- Advanced Federal Tax II (TAX 7727)
- Advanced Corporate Tax I (TAX 6622)
- Advanced Corporate Tax II (TAX7725)
- Estate and Gift Taxation (TAX 6625)
- Estate and Gift Planning (TAX 7723)
- Tax Accounting (TAX 6670)
- Tax Research (TAX 6850)
- Tax Practice and Procedure (TAX 7724)
- Tax Practice and Procedure II (TAX 7732)
- Taxation of Compensation (TAX 7726)
- Partnerships (TAX 7728)
- Business Law (LAW 2276.31)
- Business Law (LAW 2276.320
- Skarbnik, John H., “Casualty losses and expenditures under Section 162 or 165”, The Tax Advisor, May 2018, pgs. 302-310;
- Brunetti, Frank, and Skarbnik, John, “Giant Eagle and Economic Performance Under Sec. 461(h)”, The Tax Advisor, April 2017, pgs. 274-283
- Skarbnik, J. and Brunetti, F., “Compensation Distributions of Partnership Interests”, Tax Notes, Volume 10, #10, March 2016, pgs. 1137-1143.
- Skarbnik, J., “Protecting Pets: Issues to Consider When Drafting a Trust,” Trusts & Estates, December 15, pgs. 49-54.
- Skarbnik, J. “Real Estate Professionals: Avoiding the Passive Activity Loss Rules, Tax Analysts, July 2014, pgs. 482-492.
- Skarbnik, J. and West, R., “Formula Clauses: Adjusting Property Transfers to Eliminate Tax”, The Tax Advisor, February 2013, pgs 110-116.
- Skarbnik, J. and Buchan, K., “Tax Consequences of Forfeiture, Penalties, and Restitution, Tax Notes, January 2013, pgs. 335-341.
- West, R., Skarbnik, J., and Brunetti, F., “A Primer for Tax Whistleblower”, Taxes-The Tax Magazine, May 2009, pgs. 27-72.
- Skarbnik, J. & West, R., “To Capitalize or Not to Capitalize: That May Be a Difficult Question, Taxes, The Tax Magazine, May 2009, pgs41-60.
- Skarbnik, J., “Agreements Restricting An Individual’s Right to Transfer and/or Bequeath Property”, The Real Estate Tax Digest, January 2004, pgs. 3-15.
- Skarbnik, J., “Deducting Impact Fees – Revenue Ruling 2002-9”, The Real Estate Tax Digest, November 2001, pgs. 3-14.
- BA Rutgers College, New Brunswick, New Jersey, May 1976
- J.D. Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, New Jersey, May 1979
- LL.M. in Taxation, New York University School of Law, New York City, N.Y., May 1984
After graduating law school, I had the good fortune to work for several law firms which specialized in taxation. In September 1988, I joined Fairleigh Dickinson University as an Assistant Professor. Ten years after joining Fairleigh Dickinson, I was promoted to Full Professor. I had the good fortune to be a Member of the Department of Accounting, Tax, and Law. My Colleagues in my department, were hard-working, honorable people.
As a member of the Masters in Taxation program, I had the good fortune to publish worthwhile articles with several of my colleagues. Additionally, I published a number of articles by myself. In 2010, I was awarded the F.D.U. Distinguished Faculty Award for Research and Scholarship at the University Convocation on September 22, 2010.