BS Business Administration (Vancouver)
AACSB Accredited Program
Our Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program is accredited by AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. This “seal of approval” is the hallmark of excellence in management education and represents the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. The Silberman College of Business at Fairleigh Dickinson University is one of only four AACSB accredited institutions in British Columbia.
International Business Concentration
The International Business concentration prepares students to understand and effectively participate in the management of business firms operating in a multinational environment. Courses examine in-depth theories and applied concepts relevant to conducting business in a competitive global arena.
Minor in Digital Marketing
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, with an International Business concentration and a minor in Digital Marketing from the Silberman College of Business will prepare students for a career in this dynamic field and will equip you with the knowledge and skills to plan, design and manage a well-integrated marketing strategy.
Accelerated 4 + 1 Combined Degrees
Students can earn both an undergraduate and graduate degree in just five years. This program offers a pathway for motivated and high performing students to earn a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in one year less than it would traditionally take. The master’s part of the degree is completed at our New Jersey campus in the USA.
For more information visit: MBA Core Curriculum
During their last year of study, students have the opportunity to enroll in an internship either for credit or not for credit. This has many benefits as it allows students to gain valuable work experience, develop and build upon skills, get a foot in the door at a company, etc
Study Abroad Opportunities and Global Business Experience
Students can travel, meet other people, and learn about other cultures while studying and earning credits towards the degree. Numerous destinations are available including FDU Wroxton (UK), FDU New Jersey (USA), SKKU (Korea), Zeppelin University (Germany ), IESEG (France), Chengdu (China), and many more.
Our alumni work in a variety of industries across the country, most notably: A&W, RBC, Deloitte, Surgmed, Partap Forest Products, C.H. Robinson, Intact, Urban Bella, East-West Education Services, Canucks Sports & Entertainment (CSE).
BSBA Graduation Requirements
NOTE: The requirements below are detailed on the Silberman College of Business’s webpage. Any student with specific questions should contact the advisor on their home campus.
Business Foundational Courses General Education
- DSCI 1234 Mathematics for Business Decisions
- DSCI 2029 Intro to Statistics
- MIS 1045 Information Technology for Business
- ORGS 1100 Ethical Issues in Social Institutions
Business Foundational Courses Business Core
- ACCT 2021 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 2022 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- DSCI 2130 Business Statistics
- DSCI 3152 Operations Management
- ECON 2001 Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECON 2102 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- FIN 3250 Principles of Financial Analysis
- LAW 2276 Business and the Law
- MGMT 2600 Organizational Behavior
- MGMT 4160 Strategic Management Forum
- MIS 2001 Management Information Systems
- MKTG 2120 Principles of Marketing
Restricted Business Core
- ENTR 3160 Launching New Ventures
Major Required Courses (International Business)
- IBUS 3201 Fundamentals of International Business
- ECON 4208 International Trade
- MGMT 3371 International Management
- MKTG 3371 Principles of International Marketing
- MIS 4303 Spreadsheet Applications in Business or
MIS 4307 Introduction to E-Business
Major Elective Courses (2 courses)
- ENTR 3101 Small Business Management: An Entrepreneurial Perspective
- ENTR 3300 E-business for Entrepreneurs
- FIN 3330 Personal Financial Management
- MGMT 3620 Leadership and Personal Development
- MGMT 3700 Human Resources Management
- MKTG 3360 Digital Marketing
- MKTG 4272 Consumer Behavior
- MKTG 3383 Social Media Marketing
- MKTG 4365 Marketing Communications