Non-degree and Audit Programs
A student who wishes to enroll for credit courses without matriculating for a degree may apply as a non-degree student.
The applicant must file the Adult and Part-Time Application for Undergraduate Admission and submit it with a copy of an unofficial transcript, high school diploma, or a copy of your GED certificate.
Students admitted under this status generally fall into the following categories:
- Students who need additional courses to satisfy admissions requirements to professional and graduate schools.
- Students who intend to apply for a degree program but are unable to provide all the required documentation prior to registration for classes.
- Students who wish to take courses for professional development and/or personal enrichment.
- Superior students, who have completed the sophomore year in secondary school and who wish to enroll in a limited number of regular University courses. These students must have written approval from their secondary school guidance counselor, principal or headmaster.
- Applicants currently on the roster of another college, who wish to enroll as Visiting Students. All FDU policies and restrictions apply to this attendance. It is recommended that written approvals from the home campus are submitted with the appropriate visiting student application along with an unofficial transcript.
Non-degree students are expected to maintain good academic standing, i.e., a minimum 2.00 grade point ratio. Upon completion of 16-credit intervals, eligibility to continue as a non-degree student will be determined.
A non-degree student who wishes to change to degree candidate status must fulfill all the University’s matriculation standards.
An auditor is a student who completes all registration requirements but does not have any record kept of attendance or academic work.
No grade is given for the course audited.
A student taking a course as an auditor waives all rights to take that course for credit in the present or in the future.
The applicant must file the Adult and Part-Time Application for Undergraduate Admission, and submit with a copy of an unofficial transcript, high school diploma, or a copy your GED certificate.
A special Audit Form completed with the course instructor’s signature is required prior to registration. Subsequent registration results in special, reduced auditor charges for the course selected. If you have further questions, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Adult and Part-Time Admissions at 201-692-2551 or email@example.com.
Please complete, print, and sign the application before submitting it.