Students who are unable to meet FDU’s minimum English proficiency requirements for direct admission or admission to the Pre-University Program or the Pre-Master’s Program, may apply for conditional admission.
Students applying for conditional admission to an academic program at FDU must also apply to The ELS Language Center. The ELS Center, our intensive English Language provider/partner, is located on FDU’s Metropolitan campus.
Conditionally admitted students attend the ELS Language Center located at the Metropolitan Campus and complete the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Program Level 112. Students who are conditionally admitted receive an I-20 from the ELS Language Center and a conditional letter of acceptance from Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Conditional admission is available for all bachelor degrees.
Conditional admission is available for many Master’s degrees.
Programs that offer conditional admission with deferred GRE/GMAT submission:
- MBA (all concentrations)
- MHS in Health Science (Gateway to Professional Studies concentration only for F/J visas)
- MS in Accounting
- MS in Computer Engineering
- MS in Computer Science
- MS in Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
- MS in Electrical Engineering
- MS in Management Information Systems
- MS in Supply Chain Management
Students who are conditionally admitted to these programs can prepare for the GRE or GMAT while attending the ELS Language program. Qualifying GRE or GMAT scores must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the start of the semester.
Programs that offer conditional admission with no GRE/GMAT submission:
- MA in Teaching English as a Second/Foreign Language (TESL/TEFL)
- MS in Electronic Commerce
- MS in Hospitality Management
- MPA in Public Administration
Part time programs that offer conditional admission with no GRE/GMAT submission (not available to F-1 or J-1 students):
- MAS in Administrative Science
- MS in Homeland Security
- MS in Service Innovation and Leadership
- MSA in Sports Administration
- MA in Student Services Administration
Students applying for Conditional Admission to FDU must submit two separate applications: An ELS application and an FDU application.
Many students choose to start the FDU conditional admission application process directly through the ELS Language Centers.
The ELS website provides students with access to both ELS and FDU applications. In addition, there are ELS counselors and partners in many countries who are available to assist applicants with the entire application process.
Actions and Documents required:
- Submit a completed ELS application. (www.els.edu)
- Submit financial certification for ELS.
- Pay the $175 application fee (payable to ELS).
- Provide all required information on the ELS application
- Submit an FDU application online
- Students applying for conditional admission to FDU via the ELS Center website should follow instructions regarding the submission of all documents required.
- Students who choose to apply separately to FDU for conditional admission must submit the following documents:
- Academic records from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended. If your transcripts, diploma, or any other academic documents are not in English, you MUST include an official English translation.
- A copy of your passport.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or professional references.
Documents and test scores must be uploaded through our online application and/or mailed to our office.
FDU reserves the right to request submission of official documents via post as necessary.
Admitted students who plan to attend FDU must submit official test scores directly to FDU from the testing agency and send official academic records in sealed envelopes before arrival on campus. Students will not be allowed to register for classes until official documents have been received.
If you only have one copy of your transcript, do NOT mail it to us; bring the documents in person before the semester starts. We will make photocopies and return the originals to you.
All documents submitted to FDU become the property of the University and cannot be returned.