Metro Academic Support Center
The Metropolitan Campus Academic Support Center (ASC) provides free one-on-one tutoring to all current undergraduate and graduate students at the Metropolitan Campus.
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Thursday 10 AM to 8 PM
- Friday 10 AM to 4 PM
- Tutoring begins the second week of class for the fall and spring semesters and runs until the last day of classes. The Academic Support Center is open during the summer sessions, but with limited hours.
How to Register for an Academic Support Center Account:
- Visit fdu.edu/metroasc.
- Login using your FDU NetID credentials.
- Complete the registration form using your FDU student email and a phone number. This will allow us to contact you in the event you are on a waiting list or your tutor becomes unavailable.
- Select the “Complete Registration” button at the bottom of the screen.
- You can now log in and schedule appointments.
How to Schedule an Appointment:
- Log on to fdu.edu/metroasc.
- In the drop-down at the top of the screen, select the subject area (for example, “English/Writing” or “Business/Math”).
- In the drop-down below, choose the specific subject or class (for example, “Algebra Skills”). Note: if you skip this step, you may accidentally schedule an appointment with a tutor who isn’t qualified to tutor in your subject.
- Once you get to the correct screen, find the name of the tutor you want to schedule an appointment with. You will see a mix of white cells and blue cells. The blue cells indicate appointment slots already filled; the white cells are open appointments.
- Click on a white cell for an available appointment time slot.
- Select a half hour or hour appointment by adjusting the time, enter the course information, and save the appointment.
- An email confirmation will be sent to you upon making the appointment, and a reminder text message will be sent at 8 p.m. the day before the appointment.
How Often Can I Visit the Academic Support Center?
- Our policy is that you can be tutored one hour per subject per week. In other words, if you are taking five classes, you can schedule up to five hours of tutoring per week, one for each class. Note: you can schedule a one-hour appointment or two 30-minute appointments for each of those classes.
How to Schedule Appointments in Advance:
- You can schedule appointments three weeks in advance in one of two ways: 1) click “next week” located just under the subject area text box, or 2) click on the calendar icon in the same area.
How to Get on the Waitlist:
- If no appointments are available or if you want an appointment with a specific tutor at a specific time and that tutor is already booked, you can place yourself on the waitlist. Beneath each calendar day to the right, you will see a “Waiting List” link. When you click on it, you will have the opportunity to select the tutor you want and the times you are available. If an appointment opens up, you will be contacted by the Academic Support Center.