The residence halls will officially close on Tuesday, May 17 at 6 PM. Please review the below closing information. Should you have any questions, please see your Resident Assistant or contact Housing and Residence Life at (201) 692-2250.
- Residents must officially move out of the residence halls 24 hours after their last final or by 6 PM on Tuesday, May 17. Residents with a Tuesday, May 17 final must still move out by 6 PM.
- There is no on-campus storage for your personal belongings during the summer months. You must take everything with you. Property that remains in the room/suite after check-out will be discarded. .
- Any resident found in the residence halls after 6 PM, without authorization from Housing and Residence Life, Unauthorized residents found in the halls past the closing date/time may result in disciplinary action via the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities & Conduct.
- Prior to leaving your room, you must make sure all your belongings have been moved out, you have cleaned your room, returned all room furniture to its original location.
- Remove all garbage from your suite/room. Place garbage in the trash receptacles provided or in the trash room on your floor.
What if I need to request a housing extension?
Log in to MyHousing to complete the Housing Extension Application.
What if I plan to be a summer session 1 resident?
Current Spring residents continuing in Summer housing must submit a Summer Housing Application. See Summer Housing information.
If you have rented a microfridge unit, you are responsible for cleaning (interior and exterior) and leaving your unit in your room ready for pick-up. Microfridges will be picked up by the vendor. If you moved during the academic year you must contact the vendor immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 525-7307. Failure to comply with the procedures will result in additional charges.