The residence halls will officially close on Wednesday, December 21, at 6 pm. Please review the closing information below. Should you have any additional questions, please see your Resident Assistant, or contact Housing and Residence Life at (201) 692-2250 for the Metro Campus or (973)-443-8586 for the Florham Campus.
- Residents must officially move out of the residence halls 24 hours after their last final or by 6 pm on Wednesday, December 21. Residents with a Wednesday, December 21 final will be evaluated on a case-by-case bias.
- Your card will deactivate for both the front door and room door of your residence hall at 6 pm on Wednesday, December 21 unless you have been approved for a winter break housing extension or winter break housing.
- Be sure to unplug all belongings, defrost refrigerators, raise blinds 1/2 way up, lock all windows, turn off all room/suite lights, and lock room and suite doors.
- Any resident found in the residence halls after 6 pm without authorization from Housing and Residence Life may result in disciplinary action via the Code of Student Rights, Responsibilities & Conduct.
- Remove all garbage from your suite/room. Place garbage in the trash receptacles provided or in the trash room on your floor.
What if I need to request a housing extension?
Log in to MyHousing to complete the Housing Extension Application. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, December 20, at 10 am. Approved housing extension residents must visit Housing and Residence Life on December 19 or 20 from 10 am – 3 pm.
What if I plan to be a winter session resident?
Current Fall residents continuing in Winter housing must submit a Winter Housing Application via MyHousing. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, December 20, at 10 am. Approved winter break residents must visit Housing and Residence Life on December 19 or 20 from 10 am – 3 pm.
How can I prepare for my Spring 2023 return?
Returning Student check-in for the Spring 2023 semester will be Sunday, January 22, from 10 am – 3 pm in the Student Union Building/ Student Center. Additional information regarding the check-in will be sent to you during the winter break. Please work with Financial Aid and Enrollment Services over the break to ensure you are financially cleared for move-in. As mentioned above, your card will deactivate at the end of the fall semester. To move in for the Spring Semester, you must officially check in before going to your Residence Hall.
If you have rented a microfridge unit, you are responsible for cleaning (interior and exterior) and leaving your unit in your room ready for pick-up. Microfridges will be picked up by the vendor. If you moved during the academic year you must contact the vendor immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 525-7307. Failure to comply with the procedures will result in additional charges.