The residence halls will officially close on Wednesday, May 15 at 6 PM. Please review the below closing information. Should you have any questions, please see your Resident Assistant or contact Housing and Residence Life at (201) 692-2250.
- Residents must officially move out of the residence halls 24 hours after their last final or by 6 PM on Wednesday, May 15. Residents with a Wednesday, May 15 final must still move out by 6 PM.
- May 1 to May 8
Residents schedule, via MyHousing, their mandatory Express Check-Out.
- May 9 to May 15
Residents move-out upon completing Express Check-Out.
- Wednesday, May 15
Residents must be moved out and checked out of their room no later than 6 pm.
- May 1 to May 8
- The deadline for all residents to schedule an Express Check-Out is May 8.
- There is no on-campus storage for your personal belongings during the summer months. You must take everything with you. Property that remains in the room/suite after check-out will be discarded. If you need a place to keep your things during the summer, try Extra Space Storage at 487 Hackensack Avenue in River Edge (close to Riverside Square Mall) at (201) 996-0020.
- Any resident found in the residence halls after 6 PM, without authorization from Housing and Residence Life, at minimum, will be subject to disciplinary actions, automatically fined $250 for a late check-out, and will be removed from campus immediately.
- Complete a Change of Address Form via MyHousing.
- Prior to your inspection, you must make sure all of your belongings have been moved out, you have cleaned your room, returned all room furniture to its original location and be ready to vacate the premises immediately at the completion of your inspection.
- Remove all garbage from your suite/room. Place garbage in the trash receptacles provided or in the trash room on your floor.
- If there are damages in your room, suite, floor or building that you are taking responsibility for, indicate these damages on the RCR.
- Sign your Room Condition Report (RCR).
- You will not be permitted to enter your room/suite/building after you have completed your checked out inspection.
Damage & Improper Check-out Charges
- Failure to comply with the Check-Out Procedures stated above will result in a $75 improper check-out charge.
- An itemized damage bill, if applicable, will be emailed to you within 4-6 weeks of your checkout.
- Bedroom charges will be assessed to the occupants of the room (if no one takes responsibility for damages).
- Suite damages will be assessed to all occupants of the suite (if no one takes responsibility for damages).
- Floor damages (eg. hallways and lounge areas) will be assessed to the occupants of the floor (if no one takes responsibility for damages).
- Building damages will be assessed to the occupants of the building (if no one takes responsibility for damages).
What if I need to request a housing extension?
What if I plan to be a summer session 1 resident?
Current Spring residents continuing in Summer housing must submit a Summer Housing Application. See Summer Housing information.
If you have rented a microfridge unit, you are responsible for cleaning (interior and exterior) and leaving your unit in your room ready for pick-up. Microfridges will be picked up by the vendor on Friday, May 17, 2019. If you moved during the academic year you must contact the vendor immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org or (800) 525-7307. Failure to comply with the procedures will result in additional charges.