One of Fairleigh Dickinson’s greatest assets is its physical proximity to one of the most multicultural and influential cities in the world – New York City.
Easily accessible by car, bus or train, the city is within easy reach of both the College at Florham and especially Metropolitan Campus, and FDU students are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the vast educational, cultural and social opportunities the city affords. Whether it’s simply seeing the sights on a day off, or advancing a career in international relations through FDU’s Ambassadors’ Club program at the United Nations, together FDU and New York City offer a truly unique educational and living experience.
- NYCTourist (Information about tourist attractions)
- Transit Info
- The Paperless Guide to New York City
- NYNow (another online guide)
- New York City Online References
- The Village Voice
- Oanda Currency Converter
- One-To-World (NYC based organization providing unique programming opportunities to international students)
Helpful Links for Scholarship/Financial Aid
- College Board’s Fund Finder
- EduPass, FinAid’s website specifically for international students.
- The CIEE Council (Council on International Educational Exchange) provides resources for international students.
- The International Education Financial Aid, contains almost 900 scholarship listings for international students, as well as links to many resources.
- International Students.com contains excellent funding resources and information about United States study for international students.
- ASEAN Student Assistance Awards Program