College and School Happenings
Members of the University community from different schools and departments have reached out to help medical and health care professionals in the fight against the coronavirus. The School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, nursing programs, science departments and sports medicine offices donated their unused PPE (personal protective equipment) and medical supplies to Morristown (N.J.) Medical Center and Holy Name Medical Center in Teaneck, N.J. To read more about the donation from the sports medicine office at the Florham Campus go to “Devils Sports Medicine Donates Supplies to Morristown Medical.”
Maxwell Becton College of Arts and Sciences
FDU Arts Talk
The School of the Arts is hosting its first-ever FDU Arts Talk, a virtual chat that features industry-leading artists and managers and includes a question-and-answer period.
Moderated by Todd Rosen, director, School of the Arts (Flor), the event is being held every Wednesday through May 6, from 8 to 9 p.m.
The April 1 FDU Arts Talk event featured Richard Baratta, renowned Hollywood producer of films such as “Joker,” “The Irishman” and “Wolf of Wall Street” and a talented musician.
To join log on to Zoom Meeting ID 869-447-082.
Anthony J. Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies
Petrocelli College and two of its programs received the following recognitions:
- The College was ranked #3 for Best Online Colleges in 2020 among New Jersey universities by the Guide to Online Schools. To read more go to 2020 Best Online Colleges in New Jersey.
- The Master of Sports Administration program was ranked #15 nationwide among the Best Online Master’s in Sports Management Degree Programs by Intelligent. The program also received special recognition for “Best Leadership Emphasis.” According to Intelligent, the programs featured on their list are offered on-campus, online and in hybrid format. Each program was then evaluated based on flexibility, course strength, cost and reputation. For more information go to The Best Online Master’s in Sports Management Degree Programs.
- The MS in cyber and homeland security administration was ranked #21 nationwide among the Best 30 Online Master’s Programs in Homeland Security by OnlineCollegePlan. Schools with programs in the field of homeland security were assigned scores based on three factors: freshman retention rate, graduation rate and affordability. To read more go to Best 30 Online Master’s Programs in Homeland Security.
ISHTM Named to CEOWORLD Magazine’s Top 10
The International School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (ISHTM) has been named to CEOWORLD Magazine’s Top 10 Best Hospitality and Hotel Management Schools in the World for 2020.
Ranked eighth, ISHTM received a score of 91.24 (out of an overall score of 100) and a rating of AA. The rankings are based on seven major metrics of quality and reputation — perceived global brands influence (20 percent), recruiters’ response (20 percent), employers’ feedback (10 percent), job-placement rate (10 percent), admission eligibility (10 percent), specialization (10 percent) and academic reputation (20 percent).
To read more go to “Best Hospitality and Hotel Management Schools in the World for 2020.”
Pre-College Program Offered
Petrocelli College is offering a Pre-College Program that will provide motivated students in grades 9–12 with an opportunity to experience University life while earning up to 12 college credits through rigorous University courses. Course topics will include Cognitive Psychology, Cyber Security, Finance and Trading, Pre-Med and Health Sciences, Robotics and more.
It will be offered on the Metropolitan and Florham campuses in two, two-week sessions starting on Monday, July 6. Pre-College accepts Employee Tuition Grants (ETG) for enrollment. Visit Pre-College Program to learn more.
School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences
Post-professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program
The School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences has created a Post-professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate (PPOTD) program, which will be offered starting summer 2020. The fully online program, which is led by Program Director Ivelisse Lazarini, is designed for licensed occupational therapists to advance their careers in clinical, administrative or academic leadership areas.
The PPOTD curriculum is composed of 27 credits of core courses. Students may also choose to specialize in education or management and leadership with 12 additional credits.
For more information go to “FDU’s School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences Creates Post-Professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate Program” and to Degree for a New Generation of Occupational Therapy Leaders.
Silberman College of Business
Rothman Events and Updates
The Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship continues to provide valuable and topical information to its small business, family and veteran communities.
- “Family Business Friday” Zoom calls will be held at noon every Friday. Leaders from family businesses will discuss current legislation and support initiatives for small businesses. For information contact Maura Pniewski, administrative assistant, Rothman Institute (Flor), at email@example.com.
- Family Business CEO and Next Generation Peer Mentoring sessions will also be held via Zoom. These confidential meetings provide much-needed insight to the leaders of family businesses.
- The Rothman Institute is working with FDU Poll, the Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey, New Jersey Business and Industry Association, New Jersey State Veterans Chamber of Commerce and several New Jersey chambers of commerce and business organizations to create the Voice of New Jersey Small Business Poll. Results of the poll will be shared with the media, business community and legislators. To join the poll go to Voice of New Jersey Small Business Poll.
- The Veterans Launching Ventures in-person Spring Cohort #27 has been converted to an online Zoom cohort beginning April 7. A summer cohort that may be in person or online will also be offered. For more information go to Veterans Launching Ventures.
- The spring Small Business Series event will also be offered online via Zoom.
Small Business Support
The Rothman Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship is doing its share to support small businesses.
It is encouraging communities to support local businesses by purchasing gift cards now to use later. This helps businesses maintain much-needed cash flow. To support local businesses go to Shop Family NJ, Family Business World, Shop Veteran NJ and Veteran Business World.
Rothman Institute is also sharing initiatives, grants and loans available to small businesses through organizations such as U.S. Small Business Administration, Economic Development Authority and Department of Labor & Workforce Development.
School of Public and Global Affairs, University College: Arts • Sciences • Professional Studies, Wroxton College
Previously planned activities are either cancelled or postponed.