2023 FDUPitch Business Idea Competition
Do you have a winning business idea?
The team that wins the FDUPitch shall agree to participate in the UPitchNJ statewide competition in April 2023. The winning team participate virtually and pitch its business idea/model to a panel of judges in a large auditorium.
Key FDUPitch dates
- Friday, February 24, 2023: The deadline to submit your business idea.
- Friday, March 8, 2023: The date of the annual competition.
Rules of the competition
- Teams can consist of one to three members. Team members can be undergraduate students of any major.
- What is your business idea? And why do you think you should win? The idea submission cannot exceed 500 words.
- Who are your customers?
- Who are your competitors?
- Criteria to keep in mind when writing your business idea:
- the clarity of idea
- how persuasive your idea is
- how innovative your idea is
- the social impact of your product or service
- How to Create a Winning Business Idea — In Six Easy Steps from Forbes Magazine
- How to Pitch an Idea to Your Boss, Colleagues, and Customers from Workawesome.com
- Winners: Rachel Catena, Chris Lopez, and David Vance; John Marciano; Cameron Brooks and Zach Puccia; Tomasz Kasztelan and Christopher Fiorenza; and Jonathan Parham
- Judging panel: Jon Budish, Domenick Celentano, Guillaume Gauthereau, Joseph Gulfo, Meyyappan Narayanan
- Moderator: Patrick Cozza