SPGA Honor Societies
The School of Public and Global Affairs is pleased to honor our exceptional students with membership in the FDU chapters of two societies:
- Pi Alpha Alpha Society, the global honor society for public affairs and administration
- Order of the Sword and Shield National Honor Society, the honor society in the fields of homeland security, intelligence, emergency management, and all protective security disciplines
Each year, the School of Public and Global Affairs holds a ceremony for new inductees to the society. Please read instructions below on qualifications, requirements and application processes to obtain an honor society award.
Order of the Sword and Shield National Honor Society
FDU’s School of Public and Global Affairs admits inductees each year who are current students in the graduate programs of:
- Master of Administrative Science
- Master of Cyber and Homeland Security Administration
Pi Alpha Alpha Society (P.A.A.)
The Pi Alpha Alpha Society honors outstanding students in the fields of public administration, public policy and public affairs.
These exceedingly intelligent students are today’s public servants and tomorrow’s leaders. They have already proven their dedication in their studies and will soon be leaders in our government, nonprofit, and health care organizations. Now more than ever we need these devoted public servants to be steward of transparency, quality, compassion, and excellence in our communities and for our country.
FDU’s School of Public and Global Affairs admits inductees each year who are current students in the Master of Public Administration graduate program.
A graduate student may be inducted from among the master’s degree students who have maintained a GPA of at least 3.7 for 50 percent of the required coursework (a minimum of 18 credits must be completed). A GPA of 3.67 or above can be rounded up to qualify. Classes in process at the time of application are not considered.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted and payments made only to the School of Public and Global Affairs at the link below, not directly to the P.A.A. Society.
- Application deadline (March 15). Students must apply at the FDU APPLY AND PAY link below and pay the fee. SPGA will process the application with P.A.A. Students will become P.A.A. members automatically when their certificates are ordered.
- Induction ceremony (May). FDU will schedule an induction ceremony and will invite inductees to attend. Students may invite family members with their event link. Students are asked to reserve their attendance no later than one week prior to the event.
- Certificates. The School of Public and Global Affairs will distribute certificates at the ceremony if held in person, and will mail uncollected certificates after the ceremony to students at the address specified on the application.
Fees must be paid by credit card with the application on the FDU site below.
- $50 one-time membership fee; Also includes the certificate and lapel pin.
- $10 Certificate replacement fee
APPLY AND PAY here
Download the pdf for more information on:
- Benefits and opportunities of P.A.A. membership
- Doctoral student, alumni, faculty, local honorary, national honorary, and graduate transfer student memberships.
- Graduation regalia