Silberman College Graduate Admission Requirements
Applications are processed year-round. Once accepted into the program, students can take advantage of our convenient Saturday and evening class schedule to begin their program mid-semester, if they choose.
Applicants who would like to be considered for admission to a graduate business degree at Silberman College of Business must submit, at minimum, the required application components.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities in which undergraduate or graduate coursework was completed. Students must have completed their bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university prior to starting graduate coursework.
- Current resume
Students may submit additional documentation such as evidence of professional certifications, letters of recommendation, or official test scores to meet the minimum criteria for admission.
Should a student be admitted to the Silberman College of Business for the MBA and the MS in Digital Marketing, the student will be required to demonstrate quantitative proficiency prior to registering for certain courses.
For international students only: additional documentation as required. Please visit Graduate International Admissions for more information.
Students applying to graduate programs at the Silberman College of Business will be considered for admission if any one of the following applies:
- earned an undergraduate degree from an AACSB accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0; or
- earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2; or
- earned a graduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0; or
- earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and possess an approved professional license or certification including but not limited to:
- Certified Public Accountant,
- Chartered Financial Analyst,
- Certified Management Accountant,
- Certified Financial Planner,
- Associate or Fellow of the Society of Actuaries,
- Associate or Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society,
- Professional Engineer License; or
- meet a minimum test score
Students will also be considered for admission if they have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and meet any two of the following criteria:
- possess an approved professional license or certification including but not limited to:
- Society of Human Resource Management certifications (SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP),
- Securities Industry Exams (SIE, Series 7, Series 6, etc.),
- State Insurance licensing exams,
- Insurance certifications (CPCU, CLU, etc.),
- Other business-related certifications such as various information system and accounting certifications (e.g. enrolled agent (EA), certified internal auditor, certified fraud examiner, etc.)
- possess three or more years of relevant business-related experience
- submit at least two letters of recommendation that meet the minimum criteria for admission
To learn more about the application and admissions process visit Graduate Admissions for Domestic Students.