Sponsored students are students who receive a full or partial scholarship from a government, organization, or company that is NOT owned by family or friends.
Some examples are:
- American Councils (NESA UGRAD)
- IREX (Pakistan UGRAD)
- Brazil Science Mobility Program (administered by the Institute of International Education/IIE)
- Government of Iraq (HCED)
- Government of Kuwait
- Government of the United Arab Emirates
- King Abdullah Scholarship Program (administered by the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission/SACM)
- Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG)
- TVTC (administered by the Canadian Bureau of International Education)
Non-sponsored students can apply for FDU Scholarships and Financial Aid. Otherwise, non-sponsored applicants should contact their local EducationUSA office to learn about scholarship opportunities in their home country.
For applicants who are sponsored and seeking an F-1 student visa, we must receive an official letter from your government or sponsoring organization detailing that you are the scholarship recipient, the promise of financial support, and the amount of available funding listed in U.S. dollars.
- Fall (August) semester: July 1
- Spring (January) semester: December 1
Admissions are rolling. Please allow 3-4 weeks to process your application.
Deadlines may vary according to the program. Please check your desired major’s department website for more details.