Vancouver Campus Income Tax Forms

The Enrollment Services Office provides the necessary forms for students to file their Canadian Income Tax Returns. All students are encouraged to file a return, even if you did not earn income as you may be able to claim other tax credits, or claim your tuition in future years.

FDU will issue the following forms :

  • T2202: Tuition fees paid (deductible from income) and months of full-time study (used to calculate a deduction called the “education and textbook amount”)
  • T4: Employment income and deductions (if applicable)
  • T4A: Scholarships and bursaries

For more information on how to file your Canadian Income Tax forms or to find out about free clinics and services organized by the university see FDU Income Tax Information.

If you attended Fairleigh Dickinson University, you are entitled to get your T2202 and T4A forms.

The deadline to file your income tax return is on April 30 of each year.

These are the steps that you need to follow in order to obtain your forms:

  1. Login into your Self-Service account
  2. Click under STUDENTS>Financial Information
  3. Download the TWO forms (T2202 and T4A). Students who received scholarships or grants need a T4A form.
  4. Download the Currency Letter. This letter contains the exchange rate that you can use to file your taxes.
  5. Print


  • Your T2202 form displays the eligible tuition and other fees paid during a tax year. Students who make a full payment for a tax year should contact Enrollment Services for updated forms.
  • Effective the 2019 tax year, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires all post-secondary institutions to provide Students’ Social Insurance Number (SIN) on all T2202 forms. Once you obtain your Social Insurance number, please submit in Self-Service.

These are the steps that you need to follow in order to submit your Social Insurance number:

    1. Login into your Self-Service account
    2. Click under STUDENTS>Financial Information>Social Insurance Num Entry
    3. Enter your Social Insurance Number and click SUBMIT. Please do not enter dashes or spaces between numbers.

CRA has the tax information videos available now on their website. You can see their entire video gallery at the following link:

If students would like to attend a free tax clinic they can find one through the following link.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the office of Enrollment Services at

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need tax forms for 2020 if I started in Spring 2021?

No, you do not. Your tax forms will be ready next year.

Do I get any money back?

Each case is processed individually by CCRA and is confidential. You must attend the tax clinic or meet with an accountant.

I have never done my taxes and I started attending FDU before 2016, what should I do?

You can get your T2202 and T4A forms from 2013 onwards through your Self-Service. Previous years will have to be done with a formal request. You can submit a ‘Document Request form’ to request the years that you need to Enrollment Services. (note: the processing time for documents is 5 business days). You also need to collect the tax forms from any other institutions or jobs that you had in those previous years

The address on the tax forms is not my current address. Do I need a new one?

No. You may submit the T2202 information as received even if the address is incorrect. According to CRA, it is not necessary for students to submit the T2202 with the income tax return unless CRA requests it.