A Banner Season for FDU Knights and Devils
The Knights and Devils reached great heights this fall season and enjoyed many successful celebrations. Below is a summary of the great accomplishments of our student-athletes. For complete coverage and to stay up-to-date on the latest news, stats and schedules, visit FDU Knights and FDU Devils.
Go Knights and Go Devils!
The Knights became the first institution in Northeast Conference history to sweep the league titles in men’s soccer, women’s soccer and women’s volleyball. What a great time to be a Knight!
- 19th NCAA tournament appearance in program history
- 10 Northeast Conference (NEC) championships, the most of any team in conference history
- NEC tournament champions
- NEC regular season champions
- NEC Defensive Player of the Year – Hugo Bacharach
- NEC Goalkeeper of the Year – Spencer King
- NEC Head Coach and Coaching Staff of the Year – Seth Roland and the men’s soccer coaching staff
- NEC Championship MVP – Jamie Barbero
- NEC tournament champions – the first time since 2015
- NCAA tournament appearance – the first time since 2015
- NEC Offensive Player of the Year – Aitana Martinez-Montoya, for the second-consecutive season
- First NCAA tournament appearance in program history
- 2022 NEC Women’s Volleyball champions
- First NEC tournament title in program history
- NEC Head Coach of the Year – David Nguyen
- First NEC tournament appearance since 2008
For the first time in history every Devils fall sports team appeared in post-season play. Way to go Devils!
- Eastern College Athletic Conference (ECAC) champions
- Seventh consecutive ECAC tournament appearance
- Middle Atlantic Conference (MAC) playoff appearance
- Most wins in program history, 17-5-1 record
- Second consecutive ECAC bowl game appearance in the James Lynah Bowl
- MAC playoff appearance, first since 2017
- ECAC playoff appearance, first since 2013
- MAC playoff appearance, first since 2018
- ECAC playoff appearance, first since 2017
Men’s and Women’s Cross Country
- First NCAA Division III Metro Regional championship appearance
- Eighth consecutive MAC playoff appearance