Online Supervisor’s Manual
Human Resources Supervisor’s Manual
Welcome to the Fairleigh Dickinson University Online Supervisor’s Manual! The pages within contain information designed to help supervisors carry out their human resource duties.
If you have any questions about the manual, please contact us. We always welcome your feedback and ideas on how to improve.
Associate Vice President for Human Resources/Payroll
Provides information and guidance on the recruitment process for different University staff positions, and the selection and hiring of candidates.
Administering Employee Leave
Provides information and guidance on leave programs available to employees, including annual vacation, sick and personal leave, short term disability, Family Medical Leave, jury duty, and others.
Managing Performance and Conflict
Provides information and guidance on how to manage and maintain a high-performance workplace including annual performance evaluations and guidance for dealing with disciplinary concerns.
- Performance Evaluation Instructions for Supervisors
- Performance Evaluation – Exempt Employees
- Performance Evaluation – Non-Exempt, Non Union Employees
- Union Employee – Self Evaluation
- Union Employee – Performance Evaluation by Supervisor
- Conduct and Performance
- Progressive Disciplinary Policy
- Union Employee – Settlement of Disputes
Operating within the University
Provides information and guidance on the University culture, work rules and operational guidelines such as minimum wage, overtime pay, and nepotism.
- Workplace Guidelines
- Employee Pay Guidelines
- Fair Labor Standards Act – Exempt vs. Non Exempt
- Exempt Monthly Absence Reports*
- Payroll Schedule
- Employee Benefits
- Conflict of Interest and Nepotism
- Purchasing Policy
- Travel and Business Expenses Policy and Expense Reimbursement Forms
- Communication and Employee Relations
*Semi-Monthly Vouchers for non-exempt employees must be requested by contacting Payroll at extension 2710.
Keeping the University Safe
Provides information and guidelines to help supervisors assist employees in maintaining their safety and security including guidance on emergency preparedness, reporting an accident or injury and information on systems and security.
- Safety and Security
- Public Safety – Florham Campus
- Public Safety – Metropolitan Campus
- Acceptable Computer Usage
Leaving the University
Provides information and guidance for supervisors with employees who are leaving the University, including resignations, terminations and the online termination/transfer notification.
Please note that all in-voluntary terminations must be pre-approved by Human Resources.
- Online Termination and Transfer Notification (Access requires VPN connection)
- On Line Termination/Transfer Notification Training
Maintaining Diversity in the Workplace
Provides information and guidance on equal opportunity, affirmative action programs, and how to create and manage diversity in the workplace.