New Employee Orientation
It is my pleasure to welcome you to Fairleigh Dickinson University and provide you with a guide to help you during your first few days of employment. Please review all of the material provided in the navigation column. If you have any questions at all, please call me at (201) 692-2735.
— Kerry Rubin, Employee Relations Coordinator
History and Mission
FDU has come a long was since 1942. Read all about the history and mission of FDU in the About Us section of the website.
On your first day of employment, it will be necessary for you to provide the Office of Human Resources with pertinent payroll/human resource forms such as:
- I9 Form (Please review the form and provide the appropriate documentation as indicated)
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Data Collection Form
- Emergency Notification Information (only to be completed by part time employees and adjuncts)
- Faculty and Employee Handbook Acknowledgement
- Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options
- Right to Be Free of Gender Inequity
Employer ID and Parking Decal
All employees are required to obtain a Fairleigh Dickinson University identification card, as well as a parking decal. All employees are required to park in designated areas as posted throughout the campus.
Identification cards and parking decals are processed at the Public Safety Department on your home campus. What you will need to know when filling out the Parking Decal request form is the make and model of your vehicle as well as the license plate number.
Campus Photo Tour
Things to Know
Information for Union Employees
The University has entered into an agreement with Office and Professional Employees International Union, Local 153, AFL-CIO.
Information for Exempt Professional Employees
Professional Administrative Senate (PAS) exists to represent the professional and administrative personnel of Fairleigh Dickinson University. The Senate has the functions of:
- Providing a forum for the development of professional and administrative programs and services.
- Providing a means for the articulation of specific professional interests and needs within the University.
Membership in the PAS is open to all full-time exempt employees and administrative personnel who work a normal workweek of 35 hours for nine, ten, eleven, or twelve months during the year and are not eligible to participate in any bargaining unit recognized by the University. Individuals who hold tenure or faculty status or have the ability to negotiate their own contracts are ineligible for PAS membership.