Vancouver Academic Programs
Undergraduate Degree Programs
The Vancouver Campus offers the following academic programs leading to the Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University. We also offer a Bachelor of Arts degree.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Studies with specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management
For the most part, instructional delivery consists of in-person classroom-based lectures. In appropriate subjects, lecture courses have a fully integrated laboratory component.
Graduate Degree Programs
- The Master of Administrative Science (MAS) degree is a 30-credit degree to enhance the administrative and leadership skills of graduates. The program combines both cognitive and affective (interactive) instruction through case studies, simulations, individual and group exercises, and fieldwork that helps to develop critical managerial effectiveness. The MAS educational experience seeks to develop critical administrative competencies in a supportive learning environment in conjunction with specific and clear feedback.
- The Master of Science degree in Hospitality Management Studies, which consists of 33 credits, is structured to meet the educational needs of adult learners working as managers, entrepreneurs, educators or other professionals in business and industry. It is designed to provide a hospitality management education with an academically rigorous, yet flexible, program of study that meets the requirements for a professional master’s degree. For working adults seeking to upgrade their professional skills to enhance their careers, the degree program increases analytical, managerial and leadership competencies and will provide graduates with the requisite preparation for career advancement in various hospitality-related professional areas.
The Vancouver Campus’s “pre-university program” provides advanced English-language training for students who meet the University’s admission standards but require additional training in English (in speaking and/or writing) prior to matriculating in one of the two degree programs above.
The Pre-Master’s Program provides international students with the advanced academic skills they need to be successful in the Master of Administrative Science (MAS) and Master of Science in Hospitality Management Studies (MSHMS) degree programs. Students who enroll in the program meet all the academic admission requirements, but require additional preparation in academic reading, writing and research skills at the graduate level. Students can self-select to take this program or be placed in the program based on the outcome of the Vancouver Campus English Placement Test.