Financial Planning and Wealth Management Minor
The 15-credit financial planning and wealth management minor is offered for business and non-business majors by the Silberman College of Business at the Florham Campus, Madison, New Jersey, and at the Metropolitan Campus, Teaneck, New Jersey.
To have the selected minor recorded on the transcript, students must earn a cumulative grade point ratio of 2.00 or better in the minor. In general, courses that count toward the declared major do not count toward the minor. The main exception to this rule applies to students in the business administration major, who can apply a maximum of two qualifying courses toward both their major and a minor; other exceptions are noted specifically in each minor.
Due to prerequisite courses, some, not all, minors are only open to students in the Silberman College of Business. Any student interested in pursuing a minor at Silberman College should contact an adviser in the Silberman Academic Advising Office .
- WMA4265 Personal Tax Planning (accounting majors must take ACCT4267 Fundamentals of Federal Taxation instead, which will count toward the major and this minor)
- WMA3335 Personal Financial Management or
FIN3330 Personal Financial Management
- WMA4350 Investment Planning (finance majors must take FIN4343 Securities and Investment instead, which will count toward the major and this minor)
- WMA4380 Client Relations in Financial Management
Select one elective:
- WMA4267 Retirement Planning
- WMA4370 Personal Estate and Gift Planning
- WMA4375 Risk Management and Insurance
Florham Campus Advisers
Metropolitan Campus Advisers