Department of Marketing, Information Systems, and Decision Sciences
Today’s business environment requires companies to collect up-to-date business data from their customers, competitors, and business partners and, more importantly, analyze these data by using data analytics tools and technologies. Firms that do not possess these capabilities will fall behind in the highly competitive and rapidly changing business environment. As a result, more and more employers are recruiting business professionals who possess quantitative/analytical and technical skills.
Marketing is the art and science of identifying, stimulating and satisfying customer wants and needs. Selling is a part of marketing, of course, but the most sophisticated marketing programs focus on more substantive objectives, such as building relationships and creating value. Besides everyday products and services, marketing can include the marketing of ideas, nations and social causes. At FDU, marketing students acquire the practical skills and knowledge that will help make them successful marketers and business people.
Supply Chain Management (SCM) is the management of supply chain for maximizing the efficiency and effectiveness of business operations. Supply chain activities encompass everything from sourcing the materials necessary to creating and delivering a product or service to customers, such as sourcing, procurement, pricing, production, and logistics, as well as interacting with related information and financial systems. We prepare our supply chain management students to meet the opportunities and challenges in this growing field.
In addition, our department teaches business analytics and management information systems courses that enable people to make effective and intelligent decisions by utilizing available resources. We help students build the most important foundational skills in the areas of data analysis, optimization, and technologies, and master technologically sophisticated tasks in the various business disciplines.
Our department also offers courses for any FDU student who wishes to pursue a minor in data science, digital marketing, marketing, or sales.
Members of our faculty possess impressive academic and industrial credentials, excel in teaching, and provide personal advising services to you. In addition, they make significant contributions to the professional and research communities with high-quality consulting work and research.
- Li Qin, Professor of Management Information Systems and Chair
- Amirhossein Bazargan, Assistant Professor of Decision Sciences
- Gary J. Bronson, Professor of Decision Sciences
- Rajesh Chandrashekaran, Professor of Marketing
- Yoshiko DeMotta, Associate Professor of Marketing
- Burçak Ertimur, Associate Professor of Marketing
- Jeffrey Hsu, Professor of Management Information Systems
- Maureen Kieff, Senior Lecturer of Quantitative Analysis
- Yongbeom Kim, Professor of Information Systems
- Wenyi Kuang, Assistant Professor of Supply Chain Management
- Jill Reid, Senior Lecturer of Marketing
- Xin Tan, Professor of Management Information Systems
- Omer Topaloglu, Associate Professor of Marketing
- Zhaobo Wang, Professor of Operations Management
- K. Paul Yoon, Professor of Decision Sciences
- Wenshu Zhang, Assistant Professor of Marketing