Global Scholars, Metro
Global Scholars was inspired by Fairleigh Dickinson University’s founding mission as an institution that is “of and for the world.” As a Global Scholar, you will be part of a distinctive community committed to developing a global perspective. The Global Scholars Program at Fairleigh Dickinson University is a shining example of the University’s commitment to excellence in global education.
The Global Scholars Program new application will open by Saturday, October 10th. Please check the website again at that time.
The extraordinary Global Scholars Program at the Metropolitan Campus is ideal for students seeking more extensive knowledge and diverse perspectives on the world beyond our borders. Our students are distinctive because of their high academic achievement and self-motivation.
By fostering an atmosphere that emphasizes creativity and experiential learning, the Global Scholars Program develops strong bonds between like-minded students, as well as between students and the exceptional faculty members who teach them and become their mentors.
As a student in the Global Scholars Program, you will receive a multifaceted education designed to help you reach your full potential and prepare you to become
a global leader with the ability to make a difference in the lives of others.
The four-year selective Global Scholars Program is an organized and integrated course of study that combines intensive academic multi-disciplinary learning environments with a cross-spectrum of cultural living experiences on and off campus. Beginning with the freshman year, Global Scholars participate in domestic and international experiential learning including:
- United Nations Visitation with opportunities for private briefings and internships
- Lectures and receptions with ambassadors and international scholars
- Participation in a variety of cultural and artistic events and visits to museums
- Participation in Winter Session co-curricular field experiences abroad
- A Study Abroad Semester
- Cultural dinners with Global Scholars community
There is no additional tuition for the credit-bearing co-curricular field experiences and the Study Abroad Semester. However, costs of travel, living expenses and fees are the responsibility of the Global Scholar.
Global Scholars reside in the Global Scholars Residence Hall, providing them with a supportive, culturally diverse environment that encourages dialogue and the exchange of ideas and fosters personal contacts. Living facilities feature a kitchen area and online accessibility in every room.
- Lectures and events with international scholars and ambassadors
- Numerous cultural and artistic activities on and off campus
- International immersion during short-term or semester-long study-abroad experiences
- Regular visits to the United Nations with exclusive opportunities for private briefings and internships
The Global Scholars Programs is 18 credits distributed among the Metropolitan Campus’ three academic colleges — University College, Silberman College of Business, and Petrocelli College of Continuing Studies. In addition, all Global Scholars take part in a study abroad session appropriate to their major discipline.
Required courses include:
- UNIV1001 Transitioning into University Life (1 Credit)
- UNIV2002 Global Issues (3 Credits)
- POLS2219 Global Scholars Seminar in Political Studies (3 Credits)
The remaining credits for each specific major from the Metropolitan campus’ three academic colleges is available. Other electives appropriate to the Global Scholars Program may be substituted, with permission from the program director.
Global Scholars Housing
All freshmen and sophomores in the Global Scholars Program reside in Global Scholars Hall. This culturally diverse and supportive environment encourages the exploration of different perspectives and the thoughtful exchange of ideas.
Global Scholars Director
Global Scholars Director
1000 River Road, T-RA2-01
Teaneck, NJ 07666